Monday, July 28, 2014

Brian

Dear Brian,

A year ago today Aaron and I went to Mass and wondered where you were. We drove by your house and we figured you just over slept. Aaron had just talked to you the night before about fixing your car. Then later we got the news from Adam and our hearts were broken.

Here are a few things I'm thankful for today even though I'm missing you terribly:

  • You were my fill-in handy man when Aaron was working too much. Every time I check my mail I think of you even though we changed out our mailboxes.
  •  Every year that we celebrate the passing of House Bill 2, I will forever think of our wonderful dinner that us three had that night. We spent hours in front of the computer waiting and listening and praying. 
  • You being one of my husband's first true friends. Moving around like he did he lost a lot of friends. You loved him for him and you became such a blessing to our little family. You were family.
  • Your laugh. Hearing you laugh hard was the best. 
  • Your legacy of being a silent servant. A lot of us have being trying to do this in your absence. 
  • You being such a simple man all while appreciating finer things in life. I'm cheersing a glass of this tonight for you: 
  • For you being so kind to us and helping us in any way possible.
  • The time you were very prompt to dinner and brought over a great bottle of wine. We talked about home decor, good wine, and Crooner music. You were one of the manliest men I knew with the kindest heart and great taste.
We are about to head to Mass tonight and will have dinner underneath The Brian Tree. We miss you a bunch Brian, and will be seeing you!

All our love,

Aaron & Laura

2 comments:

  1. My best friend passed away 4 years ago--it is the hardest, hardest thing. Your tribute to your friend is so touching...i love you and it will get a bit easier, although you will always want to talk with him. You are in my heart! Death is our enemy, truly. And someday it will be no more--but our friends will BE!! And they will be with us, and we will again dine together, and drink wine together and laugh together, all in the presence of our Savior! Love you.

    ReplyDelete